The Suicide Prevention Center's (SPC) mission is to prevent suicide through education, training and community wide awareness. In the U.S. over 40,000 people die by suicide each year with an estimated 1 million attempts. It's a leading cause of death for youth aged 15-24 in Indiana, and the 10th leading cause of death overall in the U.S.
The Suicide Prevention Center provides:
- General suicide prevention presentations tailored to the audience with relevant and current information
- Nationally recognized trainings including Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) and Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR)
- Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program presented to area students
- After Suicide Support Group for those who are coping with the loss of someone to suicide
- Local Outreach to Survivors of a Suicide Loss, please call 574-400-9111 or 574-314-5426.